What does staying cool means? Why are many hot-headed lose their cool? How to stay cool in most circumstances? In this article, we give you some important suggestions.
Staying cool means you are in control of your thoughts, emotions & impulses. Your mind doesn’t disturb you and your ego is well-managed. Staying cool is the new age version of spiritual maturity which is an essential quality in any individual. Not staying cool is now no longer a cool thing for humans. Being human means there is calmness within and peace with the world.
Many people are hot-headed because they are victims of their minds. They become slaves to their emotions and impulses. This makes them emotional and hysterical. They blame people and the world for their unhappiness. The issues remain unresolved and the agitations continue all their life. This leads to problems in health, relationships, and substance abuse resulting in the destruction of the person.
Staying cool is possible when your mind is supervised by your intellect, your ego managed by higher values, and also the guidance of your guru/ mentor.
Let’s understand the following :
- The only person standing between happiness and you is YOU. Move away… give way… and see how the smile begins to creep.
- If for some more money, and some more success you lose some important relationships… When you have it all, you will realize you actually traded the higher for the lower. Yes, materialistic accomplishments are great… But if they don’t go hand in hand with beautiful relationships it will leave you feeling very empty.
- There are moments in life that are ego-fulfilling. Such moments excite you, thrill you, give you some social standing for some time, and then leave.
- And then there are moments in life that are soul-fulfilling. They give you a quiet sense of joy and peace… It May or may not make the world look at you, but they linger on and keep energizing you for a very long time.
- Knowing the difference is wisdom. Knowing the difference makes all the difference.
- Knowing the difference will help in deciding whether you are an empty person constantly looking for completion in other things or people or a person.
- We are responsible for what we are, and whatever we wish ourselves to be, we have the power to make ourselves. If what we are now has been the result of our own past actions, it certainly follows that whatever we wish to be in the future can be produced by our present actions, so we need to know how to act.
- We always hope someone else has the answer. Some other place will be better, some other time it will all turn out. This is it. No one else has the answer. No other place will be better, and it has already turned out. Use your mind and intellect and see the way to do it is to’ be’. At the center of your being, you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.
- Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. The more anger towards the past you carry in your heart, the less capable you are of loving in the present.
- Take today’s experiences, breath by breath, one step at a time. Never let trouble from the past make you feel like you have a bad life now. Just because yesterday was painful doesn’t mean today will be too. Our wounds are often the openings into the best and most beautiful part of us. Today you have a choice to explore these parts of yourself. A wise man once said, “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.” Today is a new beginning; treat it that way. Stop thinking about what might have been and start looking at what can be.
- You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously expressing gratitude & thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law: the more you have and are grateful for, the more will come.
Text by S A Sreedharan
Read more SELF-AWARENESS articles HERE