For ten years, the Sol y Luna Association has been working to offer the best in education and inclusion to the children of the Sacred Valley in Peru, through its three projects: the Intercultural School, the Center for differently-abled children and the Home for abandoned children.
Due to the pandemic that we are all facing worldwide (COVID-19) the entire country of Peru has been locked-down and school classes have been suspended temporarily. The children and the staff of the school are safe, and protected at home with their families. The children from the Sol y Luna Home remain there, under the care and guidance of the tutors and volunteers of the Home.
However, due to this situation, the Association faces a difficult and unprecedented crisis, and that is why they need everyone’s support – to be able to overcome it, and continue their noble mission.
The Sol y Luna Association provides service to 200 children, only 20% on whom pay a monthly fee. The other 80% of the children, with very low resources, receive their education and all the services for free, or pay just a symbolic amount. This has been possible thanks to the great support and financing of the Hotel Sol y Luna, the main sponsors and donors.
In this moment of pandemic, they face a reality that has left them suddenly without any income. The majority of sponsors and donors come from the tourism sector, one of the most affected industries in the current crisis. Many of them will not be able to renew their donations this year.
This situation leaves them totally without resources to continue running the Sol y Luna Home for children, which is precisely the reason for their mission, and we all desperately want to avoid letting them down.
More than ever, Sol y Luna Association needs support of all of us to be able to overcome this extremely difficult moment. Any donation, even the smallest, can help embrace and overcome this crisis, and allow to continue to provide a safe and loving home, and a hopeful future for deeply deserving children.
PLEASE DONATE HERE